Automatic Joomla Installation
TMDHosting offers a great automated installer, which can be used with cPanel.
To perform an automated Joomla 1.5 installation you should first open your cPanel. Once you are in your cPanel, look for the Softaculous icon, located under the “Software” section:
Clicking on it will lead you to the Softaculous main page. There, among the Top Scripts, you will surely find the Joomla icon:
It will redirect you to the overview page of the application. To install it you will need to click either on the Install tab or on the Install Now button:
On this step you will need to choose the protocol you want to use (http or https), the domain name, the exact directory under which you want to install Joomla and its version:
In our example below, we are installing Joomla in a folder named “joomla30”, under the tmd-kb-tests.com domain, so it will be available at www.tmd-kb-tests.com/joomla30 when finally installed.
Further on, you will need to apply the following details for your Joomla application:
– Site Name – The name of your website
– Site Description – A short description on your website
– Import Sample Data – you need to choose if you would like to import the demo content to your application
– Admin Username – The username you will use to access the Dashboard of your application
– Admin Password – The password you will use to access the Dashboard of your application (Please change the default one to a string that is secure enough and still easy to remember)
– Admin Email – The administrative email you will use for your application (Please provide a valid email address because you might need to use it later)
– Language – The language of your application
As soon as you are ready filling these details, please run once again through the whole page, making sure you have filed the correct details and write the most important down. Once you do so, you are ready to proceed.
Now fill in the email account on which you would like to receive the installation details and click on the Install button.
You will need to wait for a couple of seconds while the installation is in progress. Once it is completed you will be displayed with the frontend and administrative URLs: