Joomla hosting requirements – Joomla manual installation
II. Joomla manual installation steps
Naturally, before starting the installation, we need to make sure that we have an appropriate Joomla hosting that will allow the application to show its full capacity.
– First, we need to download the installation files from the Joomla site – https://www.joomla.com/
– Next is to upload the downloaded installation package to the hosting server. You can use either FTP program that you are familiar with, or a File Manager from your Control Panel. We will use the cPanel File Manager because after we upload the package, we will need to extract the files in it.
– As you can see the package was uploaded in the public_html folder. This will make the Joomla accessible through your domain directly. If you want it to be in a sub-folder, or sub-domain, you will have to upload the package into the respective folder. Then we select the uploaded package and last we click on the Extract option in the File Manager. This will unpack the files for the Joomla installation. When prompted where to extract, we just hit the Extract file(s) button.
– Now we need to create a database for our Joomla. From the cPanel > MySQL Database Wizard. Save the database name, database user and password somewhere, because we will need them in the next step
– We need to fill out the required information. Make sure you have chosen strong Admin username and Admin password. Then we hit the Next button. This is the step where we will need to enter our Database name, user and password we created earlier. The rest we leave as it is.
That is all! We now have a brand new Joomla for our future website! You can bookmark or save the administrator URL for easy access. It is: http://your_domain/administrator/
Make sure you keep your Admin username and Admin password in a safe place too!