How can I install phpList manually?
You can easily install phpList to your hosting account by following these simple instructions:
• Download phpList archive file from the official phpList website here:
We recommend using the latest version marked as stable, unless you are interested in doing beta-testing (which is a good thing to be done, too).
• The archive file that you have downloaded is a *.tgz or *.zip file, which means that it is a packed file which you need to unpack. If you are using Windows you can use a program like Winzip, 7zip or Winrar for this. Make sure you let it re-create all of the (sub)directories.
• Upload the files and folders located in the lists folder, which you’ll find in the public_html folder of the unpacked archive into your public_html folder that is located under the home folder of your account. Or alternatively, if you want to use a subfolder for your installation, a subdirectory of public_html.
• Create a new database which phpList can use. You will use the name of that database during the installation process. You can go to cPanel -> Databases where you will see a couple of tools that can help you create a database and user with all granted permissions to access the created database.
• Edit the phpList config.php file in the lists/config/ directory with a text editor to configure phplist properly. You can use cPanel -> File Manager tool for this operation. For detailed instructions on how to configure this file, see Configuring phpList.
• Use your browser to open the web directory where the phpList backend is located. The URL should begin with your domain name and end with /admin subdirectory. For an example: http://www.mydomain.com/lists/admin/. This will automatically start the web-installer. The first thing that will be displayed is an error message notifying you that you will need to install the database for phpList. Just click on the install button and the database will be automatically installed and after that you may simply proceed with the installation.
• After that you can proceed with the installation by following the instructions
• When you complete with the installation steps within the web-installer, you application will be completely installed and you can start using your new application