Basic rules to follow for creating search engine friendly website.
From a SEO point of view, a website’s URL structure should be:
- With an emphasis on correct URL
In order to achieve an SEO-friendly website’s URL structure, make sure that you have:
- Consolidated your www and non-www domain name
- Create a XML sitemap
- Avoid dynamic and relative URLs in your website
- Block irrelevant pages with robots.txt
- Use canonical tags to avoid duplicate versions of content
- Use rich snippets
- Use relevant keywords
These are a few important ways to ensure your website is search engine friendly. Keep in mind that nothing is as effective as first having a solid foundation for a website. Of course, having a trusted, reliable product or service ensures your online presence is seen.