Which are the requirements for installing SMF?
The following are required on any server intending to run SMF 2.x.x
A webserver that supports PHP, such as Apache
- PHP 4.1.0 or higher
- The engine directive must be set to on.
- The magic_quotes_sybase directive must be set to off.
- The session.save_path directive must be set to a valid directory or empty.
- The file_uploads directive must be set to on.
- The upload_tmp_dir directive must be set to a valid directory or empty.
One of the following databases must be installed:
- MySQL 4.0.18 or higher (at least 4.1.0 would be better) and PHP MySQL client API 4.0.18 or higher.
- PostgreSQL 8.0 or higher (standard_conforming_strings must be set to off, starting from PostgreSQL 9.1 default is on)
- SQLite SQLite 2.x (SMF is not compatible with SQLite 3.x)