What should I do if my website is not being ranked even if I have submitted it to the search engines?
Getting listed in Google and the other popular search engines is one of the most effective ways of directing targeted traffic to your web site.
Even if your website has been submitted to a search engine, you will still need to have set up at least some relevant keywords or have links to your website on other sites.
Furthermore, once those requirements are met, there should be no need to submit your website at all as it will be indexed automatically.
However, you should ensure the following steps are met:
- You have generated XML site map.
- Make use of robots.txt for submission.
- You have linked out your website to other websites.
- You have Google+ profile, linked to your website.
- Your website has W3C compliant code.
- Good internal link structure.
- Create or update social profiles with your website’s links.