Transfer files via FTP
Here we will show you how to upload files to your hosting account with us using an FTP client. There are different FTP clients available on the web but we strongly recommend FileZilla because it is free for download and it provides a user-friendly interface.
You can download FileZilla from here.
Once the script is installed on your computer you will be able to access your hosting account with us via FTP and therefore upload and download files.
To transfer files from and to your account you will need the FTP login details for your account which you should have received in the welcome email associated with your service. You can find it in your Client Area with us > Emails > Welcome to TMDHosting. The credentials you will need are the following ones: FTP Hostname, FTP Username, FTP Password, FTP Port.
Note that before you proceed you need to configure some settings on your FileZilla client:
1) Open FileZilla
2) Go to Edit > Settings:
3) Go to Connection > FTP and set the transfer mode to Passive:
4) Click on the OK button.
In order to upload or download files, please follow the steps below:
1) Open FileZilla
2) In the Quickconnect bar enter the following details:
- Host – here you can enter either the server’s hostname or its IP address
- Username – here you need to enter your FTP username which is the same as your cPanel username (in case that you are not using an additional FTP account. In this case you need to use the full username such as [email protected])
- Password – here you should enter your FTP password which is the same as your cPanel password (if you are not using an additional FTP account. In such case you need to insert the corresponding password for that account.)
- Port – you need to use the default FTP port which is 21
Here is a screenshot for your convenience: