My current registrar is refusing to transfer my domain. What do I do?
A registrar may legitimately deny a transfer request in certain limited circumstances, such as:
– Evidence of fraud
– Reasonable dispute over the identity of the person authorizing the transfer
– Domain name is on hold due to payment owed for a previous registration period
– Express written objection from the domain name holder
– Domain name is in Locked status (Registrars must provide a readily accessible and reasonable means for name holders to remove the lock status. Contact your registrar for assistance.)
– Domain name is within 60 days of initial registration
– Domain name is within 60 days of a previous transfer
Registrars are required to specify a reason when denying a transfer request. Contact either the current registrar or the registrar you wish to transfer to for assistance.