How can I install Moodle manually?
You can easily install Moodle manually, by following these steps:
- Download the installation archive on your local device and extract its content
- Upload the newly extracted content into the folder in which you want your application to be installed. You can easily do this via your favourite FTP manager.
- Once you have uploaded the installation files, you should create a new database and user for your application before you proceed with its installation. You can do this via your cPanel > MySQL Database Wizard and fill the requested information during the creation process of the database. Note that you have to give ALL PRIVILEGES to the assigned user for the new database.
- You will need to setup Moodle data directory. The installation script requires it to be outside the public_html/ folder and usually you should create moodledata/ in the root folder of your account as:
After you create the folder, you should make it writeable by all users. Under Linux based environment you have to set its permissions to 777. You can easily set the permission of the folder from your cPanel > File Manager > select the folder > click with the right mouse button > select Change Permissions.
5) Once you are done with the previous steps, simply type in the web browser the link for the location where your application can be found:
and fill the forms in the installation wizard.