How to fix redirect loop in Prestashop 1.6?
I have installed Prestashop 1.6 on a test server and it was working fine. When I moved this shop to the online domain, it’s showing as “This webpage has a redirect loop” in chrome and “The page isn’t redirecting properly” in Firefox, both on the site and back end. Seems like some configuration has been missed. I changed values in ps_shop_url and made changes in htaccess but still its the same.
To fix this you would need to make some adjustments to the PrestaShop database via phpMyadmin:
1. Go to your PrestaShop database and once you have selected it click on Search, and put ps_shop_domain in the search box, make sure you have selected “Select All” and then click on “GO”
2. Locate the line that says ps-configuration and click on Brows.
And make sure the value field has the correct site URL
Then you would need to make sure that your PrestaShop is configured to work with the correct database by following this steps:
1. In the file config/settings.inc.php edit this => define(‘_DB_NAME_’, ‘your_datase_name’);
2. Delete the .htaccess at the root of the application folder.
3. Regenerate the .htaccess in the back-office by disabling and enabling the simplified URLs.