How to configure SMF to be accessible via the temporary server URL?
Configuring your SMF to work with your temporary server URL is quite easy and can easily be done by editing the following line in your Settings.php file:
- $boardurl = ‘http://example.com‘;
Simply change example.com in the above line with your temporary server URL and save your changes.
You will also need to edit the following entries in your SMF database via your cPanel > phpMyAdmin tool:
In the table ‘smf_settings’ change the following:
- smileys_url : http://example.com/SMF/Smileys
- avatar_url : http://example.com/SMF/avatars
In the table ‘smf_themes’ change to the following:
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/default
- images_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/default/images
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/classic
- images_url : http://exapmle.com/SMF/Themes/classic/images
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/your_theme
- images_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/your_theme/images
As in your Settings.php file, simply substitute “example.com” with your temporary server URL.
The temporary URL itself is the hostname of the server, followed by a tilde and your cPanel username, such as:
- http://node01.tmdhosting000.com/~ example