Configuring SMF to work with a new domain.
Configuring your SMF to work with a new domain name is quite easy and can easily be done by editing the following line in your Settings.php file:
- $boardurl = ‘http://example.com‘;
Simply change example.com in the above line with your new domain name and save your changes.
You will also need to edit the following entries in your SMF database via your cPanel > phpMyAdmin tool:
In the table ‘smf_settings’ change the following:
- smileys_url : http://example.com/SMF/Smileys
- avatar_url : http://example.com/SMF/avatars
In the table ‘smf_themes’ change to the following:
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/default
- images_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/default/images
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/classic
- images_url : http://exapmle.com/SMF/Themes/classic/images
- theme_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/your_theme
- images_url : http://example.com/SMF/Themes/your_theme/images
As in your Settings.php file, simply substitute “example.com” with your new domain name.