Adding additional domains
With the ‘Shared Hosting – Business Package’ is it possible to have more than 1 domain name? Having 2 or more separate domains each hosting a different site:
These are personal domains for different hobbies/small ventures etc. byt wondering if this would require a ‘resellers’ account and not a ‘shared hosting’ plan.
Thank you for your question.
We are glad to inform you that if you want to host several websites under one single hosting account there are several ways to achieve that. I will highlight the differences between each of them.
1. TMDHosting Starter Package with one or more addon domains
The Starter package by default is a Shared Hosting plan oriented to users who want to deploy one single website – for example www.yourdomain.com. You are provided with one singe cPanel. If you want to add more websites you can do that in two ways:
- To place them in a subfolder or a subdomain of your primary domain (site1.yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.com/site1). This can be done on all of our hosting packages.
- To purchase an addon slot for each website which you want to host under the same hosting account but using another domain – for example www.anotherdomain.com. In this case you would need to pay for the additional website (for the addon slot assigned to your hosting account)
2. TMDHosting Business or Professional Package
These two packages give you the opportunity to host numerous websites with different domain names under one and the same hosting account and there is no additional costs and fees except the one associated with the hosting account in question. They are both Shared Hosting packages and the difference between them is that the Professional provides you with more system resources than the Business one. With both packages you are provided with a single cPanel account.
3. TMDHosting Resseller Package
These packages will allows you to host multiple websites under one single primary account but with separate cPanel for each of them.
As a conclusion I would like to inform you that there is no need ti purchase a Resseller hosting account in order to deploy more than one website. You just need to choose the most appropriate Shared Hosting plan for your needs. This is correct in case that you want to manage them via a single cPanel account. If you want to have separate cPanel accounts for each website you would then need to purchase a Resseller hosting plan.