Transferring domain from HostMonster to TMDHosting
Most of our customers transfer their domain to us, because they experience some difficulties with their registrars. For example, their registrars register domains with the information of their company, overcharges the renewals, leave their costumers without notification when the domain expires. Also after the transfer, you will be able to renew your hosting package with us along with your domain at once.
Another reason for transferring your domain to us is to easily manage your domain settings such as – name servers, contact information, administrative information, name, address, phone number, DNS settings from your Client Area. We shall also extend the expiration period of your domain with one additional year after the transfer has completed.
If you prefer to transfer your domain name from HostMonster, you may follow these steps to prepare your domain for the transfer:
1. Log in your HostMonster account manager.
2. Navigate to Domains -> Domain manager
3. Choose the Domain and click on the Privacy tab, then click on the “Click here to disable privacy on your domain” link
4. Next you should unlock the domain: My Products section -> Manage Domains
5. Choose the domain which you prefer to trnafer
6. Click on the Locking link
7. Select “Unlock” and change the domain status to “unlocked”
8. Confirm the modifications by clicking on the OK button
9. Go to Account and Domain Management->Domain Manager and choose the domain which you want to transfer.
10. Click on the Edit Public Information and choose the Retrieve EPP Code option.
Now you should allow some time (up to 24 hours) for the changes to take effect, then you will be able to initiate the transfer of your domain name to TMDHosting
In order to transfer your domain, you may visit your Client area -> Domains -> Transfer domain. The transfer usually takes 5-7 business days.