How can I install Zen Cart manually?
If you would like to install Zen Cart manually on your account, you can download the product from the following link to the official website:
- Download the script on your local computer
- Extract the files on your local computer
- Upload all the files on your account. In order to do that, you can use FTP connection to the server, or you can upload them from your cPanel account > Files > File Manager. Make sure that all the files are uploaded to the correct directory, where you would like to install Zen Cart (this is usually the public_html directory of your account)
- Access the Zen Cart installation files from your web browser via your domain name. For example if your domain name is “domain.com” and the Zen Cart files are located in a subfolder of your “public_html” directory, called “zencart”, then you need to access “domain.com/zencart/zc_install/index.php” from your web browser. This will initiate the installation process for you.
- Read the Zen Cart welcoming message and click on Continue
- Read the Terms and Condition
- Choose the “I have read and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions as stated above.” radio-box and Continue
- Check if the server settings meet the Zen Cart requirements and click on the Install button at the bottom of the page
- You need to enter the name of the database that you will be using as well as the user, assigned to it and the password. You can refer to our article on how to create them.
- Enter the database details
- Check the path to the Cache directory
- Click on Save Database Settings
- Check the location to the Zen Cart script on your account
- Check the URL that you will be using for it
- Click on Save System Settings
- Enter the information for your Online store. Note that you will be able to edit those values later.
- Click on Save Store Settings
- Enter the username and the password that you would like to use in order to access the administrative area of your website. You should also enter the email address for your administrative account
- Click on the Save Admin Settings button
- The installation process will be completed within seconds
- Your script is now installed, but you will have to follow the instructions that will appear on the screen in order to fully complete the process.